I love their blog!
They have been friends for 60 years. Helen's grandson put together this blog so both Margaret and Helen could keep in touch (one lives in Texas, the other in Maine). 80 year old bloggers!
Here's an excerpt from one of their recent posts regarding the death of Michael Jackson:
The Appreciation or Depreciation of Michael Jackson « Margaret and Helen
Watching all this mad-dash coverage, it occurs to me that if you tore him down in life then it’s a tad bit hypocritical for you to now prop him up in death. Did I mention Joe Jackson was a piece of work? But we seem to be evolving into a nation of hypocrites. And as someone who believes evolution should be taught in school, I am more than a little worried about this evolutionary cycle.
If it were up to me, I would establish a few rules right about now regarding hypocrisy. Something along the lines of:
- If you’re Michael Jackson’s father now is not the time to be enjoying the limelight.
- You can’t be Pro-Life and Pro-War at the same time. If one of these dispositions has to be in your cadre, then pick one and live with the consequences.
- You can’t deny the right to marry to some and then cheat on your spouse. The right to happily marry belongs to all no mater how unhappy it makes you.
- You can’t tolerate the atrocities of one President for eight years and then assign the consequences to one who follows. From this day forward everything was Reagan’s fault.
- The Christian Right should be forced to spend a week in Iran. May the best radicals win.
- The Real Housewives should actually be housewives.